Friday, May 22, 2009

Got the balls to take my money and get a real Playboy bunny

Whatever.

Got the tickets. Going up to St. Louis Saturday and to the game on Sunday. We want to go to The Hill and eat because Dad likes the Old Country vibe. But where to eat there is the question. We've tried a few places, and while we like the vibe, we're not sure the food was THAT great. Any recommendations?

We'll also go over to The Loop.

Also: Is The Metro Train or whatever they call it really crowded prior to games?

This will be Junior's first game in St. Louis.

We're trying to resist the temptation to come out and give all of the reasons why we're suddenly highly skeptical of this Royals team ending up being much better than past teams, even though the conventional wisdom is that it's a much improved team that may or not contend. Let's just say that the problems aren't really on offense. Some of the biggest problems haven't even shown up as real problems yet. We're just starting to get that sinking feeling. That's why some of these great stretches and great games this year have only made us moderately giddy.

OK. We've gotten explosively giddy a couple of times, which was great fun. Hopefully this mirage of contention lasts a while longer.

Just please take 2 out of 3 from the Cardinals.

Oh, and the Tigers are looking tough.

P.S. The Royals most reliable pitcher out of the pen right now is Farnsworth. Scary times.

6 comments:

RoyalPrick said...

I'm going on Friday and Saturday.

A birdie tells me that Mike Anderson is getting honored at tonights game, whatever that means.

Gian-Tony's was pretty good on the Hill, plus its located right next to Berra park, so you can show your son where Yogi Berra played growing up. My lady friend likes Amighetti's.

I live one block from the loop: The kids always like Fitz's. If you want overpriced pizza (but still good) then try Pi.

I think the Metro is more crowded after games than before games. People all get to the ballpark at different times but they all leave at the same time.

WSPA said...

Thanks for all of the tips! I hadn't even thought about trying to get on the Metro with everybody AFTER the game. I wish I lived in St. Louis. I have been going there a lot more lately for work and stuff, and I think I'm starting to like it better than KC (even though you have to deal with all of the horrible Cardinals fans and the lack of quality BBQ).

Moose Tacos said...

Listen to RoyalPrick if you want to eat on the Hill. But if you're around the loop you should eat at Blueberry Hill. Best burgers in town. Amazing array of musical memorabilia. Cool atmosphere. Also really good burgers. Cicero's is really good too if you want pizza. You can take junior to the Iron Age tattoo parlor afterwords.

RoyalPrick said...

Blueberry Hill also has real dart boards. Always a plus. And they are really close to Sunshine Daydreams, where I buy all my bongs and incense.

St. Louis does seem to have a lot more to do than KC. But like you mentioned, they are fully saturated when it comes to assholes Cardinal fans. Have to take the bad with the good.

WSPA said...

I will never let Junior get a tattoo. I let on like I'm all liberal, but I'm actually kind of a square about some things. I've been to Blueberry Hill. Maybe we'll go there for lunch and to The Hill for dinner. There's a cool thrift shop just down the street from Blueberry Hill...

WSPA said...

I saw that Sunshine Daydreams place last time I was there. As a former Deadhead, I feel like that's an excellent name. On the tattoo front, I don't have any, but years ago a friend of mine got a turtle playing a banjo, and it was awesome. I was supposed to get a rabbit coming out of a hat, but I wussed, thankfully.