Monday, November 16, 2009

I had no idea that Kyle Farnsworth is No. 40

So I went out with my brother and Mets Fan Rob and some other folks to celebrate my 40th birthday. I was forced to wear a Farnsworth jersey all night. Also: There may or may not have been psychedelic drugs involved. At one point Mets Fan Rob, who was clearly having flashbacks, was drinking shots and shouting "Yo la tengo! Yo la tengo!" But neither Elio Chacon nor Richie Ashburn was anywhere in the vicinity.

P.S. Wearing the Farnsworth jersey didn't hurt my shuffleboard game one bit. In fact, despite the jersey and all the stuff in my bloodstream, I kicked ass. (This is partly because I've figured out the way the board warps at the Daily Pub.)

P.P.S. My brother and I once bet a car on a game of shuffleboard. (I won.)

No comments: