Monday, December 29, 2008

Royals, toe fungus and nymphomaniacs

Does it seem like the free agent signings are taking longer than ever before? It feels like the Royals are pretty much done, but there's got to be a flurry of baseball acquisitions in the coming weeks, and we bet the Royals still make a trade or two.

We had a rough Christmas. 2008 went pretty well for us -- until the last three months.

We have never made official New Year's resolutions before -- although we did vow to finally go to the dentist in 2008, and we actually went through with that. Anyway, here are our documented resolutions for 2009:

Go fishing more.

Make more money somehow. (Given the current situation, this one should probably just read: Stay employed.)

Cure cancer. Or find remedy for toe fungus.

Take son to Royals game.

Take son to Chiefs game and sit in front row.

Drink less. Eat better. Sleep more.

Stay away from nymphomaniacs. Unless it's necessary.

Don't fall for anymore liberal arts majors. (Try a hard-core anthropologist or something.)

Stop doing ex-wife's odd jobs.

Get new home base with backyard and dog.

Finish novel.

P.S. Junior is in Dallas with his mom. Today he is going to see the King Tut exhibit. We are jealous. We hate Dallas but we'd really like to see that King Tut exhibit.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Good luck on those resolutions. Especially the one about making more money. I'll do what I can to help you stay employed.

As for staying away from the nymphos, would it be so bad if you failed at that resolution? Having never encountered a true nympho, I wouldn't know. (I have known my share of psychobitches whom I thought were nymphos, but they were just psychobitches.)

Good luck finishing that novel. I haven't finished a novel in a long time. I think the last one I finished was The Da Vinci Code. It was better than the movie, but not by much.

I've made no resolutions this year, but did spout randomly about 2008 at my blog.

WSPA said...

The Lord loves a working man, and I like my job. My idea for making extra money has to do with inventing a cure for toe fungus on the side. You are probably right about alleged nymphomaniacs. I just like using the word. I really like to string together related words like Royals, toe fungus and nymphomaniacs. They are all things that are very difficult to rid yourself of, no matter how hard you try.