Friday, September 4, 2009

Matriculating the ball down the field

Today's Facebook status: Is Hank Stram dead? I bet he could teach the Chiefs how to matriculate the ball down the field and, you know, score touchdowns.

Let's see. What's going on? Well, I took my car in yesterday to get a power steering fluid leak fixed, and somehow this is going to cost me $600. (Maybe I should put that on Facebook too?) I wish my employer offered health car insurance for my automobile. Or maybe the government should pay for the repairs I can't afford?

Seriously, how do people afford to live in this country?

Thank God I have beer and now football to make life worth living. Only there's this: my teams are the Chiefs, Mizzou and K-State.

Speaking of Facebook (and football), lots of my "friends" are apparently rabid Huskers fans. I find this disturbing. In recent years, I have come to hate the Huskers even more than the Jayhawks.

The best games tomorrow are on at the same time: Mizzoui vs. Illinois and Oklahoma State vs. Georgia. Those games should be highly revealing.

P.S. I once put on a Nebraska football jersey. It instantly lowered my IQ and gave me the sudden urge to fumble.

P.P.S. This has been pointed out before, but all of the young guys who actually have some value on the Royals are Baird players (except Soria), including Greinke, Butler, Gordon, Teahen and Dejesus.

P.P.P.S. I almost forgot about Dayton's most recent comments in the Star! He really is the kind of sniveling jerk boss who takes credit for good things and is quick to blame everyone and everything he can when things go to shit. He'd fire Hillman in a second if it made him look good. But he's not about to start admitting mistakes.

No comments: