Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Labor Day has come and gone

Just like that, I'm overly stoked for Mizzou football: 2009/2010 National Champs!

There were two Big 12 teams that looked like shit in their first games: Oklahoma and Kansas State. Make that three: Colorado.

Junior turns 10 tomorrow. He was born on 9-9-99.

We more or less celebrated all weekend. He got some new golf clubs and an iPod. We also played a vigorous game of football. These backyard games tend to break out during football season after I've had a couple of beers, maybe seven. I always go all out and hurt myself. This time, in addition to the typical muscle pulls, I think I got a cracked rib.

If you haven't seen this, do yourself a favor and follow it. Probably the best use of Twitter ever.

I'm thinking about tweeting "Stuff My Son Says." Yesterday's entry would have been: "Dad, I'm going over to A.J.'s to play poker."

P.S. Billy Butler is good. Maybe not Blaine Gabbert good, but definitely good.

No comments: