Monday, February 16, 2009

Slumdog and O-Dog

Congratulations to the Jayhawks for winning that basketball game that some people in the state of Kansas were talking about.

We saw Slumdog Millionaire this weekend. We went to some artsy-fartsy movie house, and we loved it -- but not because it was artsy-fartsy...the place was full of pretentious people who wanted to be seen more than they wanted to see the film. We enjoyed the experience because a) they served beer (wine too) and b) they had an intermission. During the intermission, while all of the beautiful people were faking their way through intellectual conversations, we got to go outside and smoke.

Orlando Hudson (O-Dog) is a really nice fit for the Royals. Of course, the Royals don't have any money left to spend. But, then, nobody in baseball has any money left to spend. Hudson is only 31. He plays gold glove caliber defense. His bat is more than playable. He gets on base. With him, we would have a real major leaguer at almost every position, and on the bench.

3 comments:

RoyalPrick said...

I had a baseball video game that I use to play a few years ago, I was the Royals of course. And I actually traded for O-Dog. It's like fate or something.

My significant other and I have vowed to see Slumdog every weekend for the past month and a half. And then 9 o'clock rolls around and we get too tired. Getting old sucks.

Dan Holden said...

I assumed you like the movie as well as the experience?

I managed to see it a while ago at a free screening with a bunch of people that I was assuming were Indian. They all seemed to like the movie so I will give it an A for authenticity.

RoyalPrick - I misread your second paragraph and at first thought you had actually seen Slumdog every weekend for the past month. If you are truly that old then go see a matinee.

WSPA said...

I liked the movie. But it was late and I was tired. I think I'll rent it when it comes out... I'm getting baseball fever bad. Spring Training games are fun, and so is the NCAA Tournament, but it takes forever to get to late March/April.