Thursday, April 10, 2008

Don't call us trash

Here's the THING: The Royals are better than the Yankees. Believe it, and get used to it.

Greinke is our early favorite for Cy Young.

The rain psyched out Girardi and the Yanks, but the R's didn't flinch.

OK. So the Royals are using Garth Brooks to pump up the fans this year? You gotta be crapping us! Friends in low places? Come on. The purposes of communications are four-fold: to inform, to entertain, to persuade, to inspire. Most marketers completely leave out the inspire part and play to the lowest common denominator. Also, they play to boring WHITE people. We bet that's why the Royals aren't playing Earth, Wind and Fire. Somebody get Jeremiah Wright on the phone. If we're only going to play white music at The K, Big Donkeys suggests Big Smith:

You come to Nixa
The fuzz’ll fix ya
Yeah the Spokane cocaine it’ll six ya
Cause the redneck knows how the greenbacks flow
They got their bathtubs
dopin’ up the hicks, yeah

You outclass me
You look past me
You are certain your ideas will outlast me
But when the singing senator
Takes everything you’re in it for
You’ll wonder why you never thought to ask me

Don’t call me trash ’till you’ve slept in my trailer
’Till you've dug up my roots
’Till you’ve lived in my blues
A man that’s on wheels ain’t my notion of failure
So come to my trailer
You can see my tattoos.


Now THAT's inspiring.

P.S. Big Donkeys once had coffee with Joe Girardi and Andy Petitte in a greasy Seattle breakfast diner booth, and they couldn't have been nicer guys.

P.P.S. We liked this piece of descriptive writing from Royals Authority:

Seeing pieces of the crown that used to be on top of the scoreboard disassembled out beyond the wall in right field is kind of bizarre as well. Kind of like when Charlton Heston stumbled upon the Statue of Liberty in Planet of the Apes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me cynical, but maybe the Bigboxers think that Garth is going to help sell more CDs at Walmart?

Here's an idea - "Fight the Power" by Public Enemy as the Royals struggle against a broken MLB system, the Yankees, and their very own owners.

I'm not sure how many albums by Chuck D and the gang are stocked by Walmart, but probably not many. Walmart was quick to implement their racist policy of "no explicit" lyrics music (obviously targeted at rap and the perceived customer base for rap). The good news is that you can still load up on booze and ciggies at Walmart. You gotta love the Arkansas mafia in Bentonville!

WSPA said...

Good idea. Stupid racist Wal-Mart. As far as the haves and have nots apply to baseball, I would also like the R's to play "The Trees" by Rush. But that's cynical in the other way and downright Ayn Randian.