Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bring Billy back II

From the Royals beat in today's Star:

“He’s doing everything that we wanted him to do,” general manager Dayton Moore agreed. “We’ll get him up here when we can. But it’s not something that, probably, is going to happen (today) or the next day.”

Why not?

“That’s a fair question,” Moore said. “It’s ultimately my responsibility to find an opportunity for him.”
Sounds like DM is trying to make a trade that makes room for Billy. Sounds like he's making it harder than it needs to be. There's plenty of dead roster weight to release.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the trade situation. I think German may be the guy to go.

Anonymous said...

Could it be Pena who is on his way out? I wouldn't think so but after a week on the bench he has started the last two games even after Hillman stopped using him as a defensive replacement for Aviles. I think that German and Grudz should go to make room for Butler and to let Callaspo get some time. Ditching Gload wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

RoyalPrick said...

I heard we offered a few teams German, or Pena, or Gload for a bag of BP baseballs and were turned down.

Might be a little longer for Big Donkey in AAA. That's one more year of arbitration right?