Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More tokes for old folks

Optional headline: Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

Or: We have not yet begun to defile ourselves

We're going to go ahead and order Big Donkeys' T-shirts (Royals Fans Do It Donkey Style, TM) for the regular commentators on this blog: Sconie, Dan Holden, Scott and Annonymous. Are we missing anyone? Keep in mind that we were going to go ahead and renew our passport two years ago, and we just got around to it.

Apparently you need a passport to go to Canada these days. In July, we're driving from Dallas to Calgary in a rented Dodge Caravan with a semi-famous folk-rock musician from the 1960s and 1970s. This is for work. We are taking our laptop but posts to this blog will be erratic in late July. (The good thing is that we can blast a "Royals" dispatch from Fargo or Moose Jaw, wherever.)

We don't really want to say any more about where we work, who we work with, or what we do (mainly because we've never really figured out what it is we actually do). Somehow, we're convinced that we're going to get into some kind of trouble eventually for this stupid blog. Probably when we run for congress.

We do want you to watch THIS (it's very funny):



P.S. Obama is a terrible general election candidate. He's suddenly got all kinds of baggage. He's not a good debator. But he's going to win IT based almost entirely on the speech he gives at the Decomcrat Convention. You watch. He's a one-trick pony. But that one trick is a very, very good one.

P.P.S. No more war pigs! Oh Lord, yeah!

P.P.P.S. Val Kilmer, even though (and especially because) we've heard he's an asshole, should win the Best Actor award every year for the rest of our lives for that performance years ago in Tombstone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in on the T-Shirt. Have fun in Canadia....

WSPA said...

OK. If I ever actually order the shirts (can't wait to come up with the design), I'll find out where to send them...I'm not leaving for Canada until mid-July, so I'll it'll be more or less business as usual around here until then, whatever that means.

Dan Holden said...

I have to be careful with my blog because I am a teacher. I even have to be careful which blogs I comment on. However, when the t-shirts come in I wearing to the districts opening day ceremonies.

P.S. I also promise to wear it to every Cardinals game I go to.

P.P.S. I only go to games when I get free or reduced tickets.

P.P.P.S. I only let my kid root for Pujols

P.P.P.P.S. Val should also win for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Have you ever read Klosterman's interview with him?

WSPA said...

I read Killing Yourself to Live recently, but I haven't read the interview with Val Kilmer.

I really thought this was the year the Cardinals were going to suck and the Royals were going to be OK. I started off the season very smug. Now I have to have extremely humble baseball conversations with all of these Cardinaltards.