Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So it goes

Another nice game last night. Let's keep this going. Breaking out of the "Royal We" for a minute, my grandpa died and I'm going to be out of commission for a while. It was expected. I might post something on Grandpa next week -- because, after all, it's my silly blog. He was a former high school basketball coach. At 5-foot-5, he might have been the shortest man ever inducted into the Kansas Basketball Hall of Fame. He insisted that granny shots were much more accurate than new-style free throws. He was old school before there was such a thing as old school. And so on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being 5-5 I am really impressed. My Kansas cousin, Barney Byard was the coach at Hayden in Topeka and was inducted into the Rockhurst College hall of fame as a fullback. The Royals are starting to excite me--a Tulsa boy who listened to the first game when Lou had a batchof hits and Marty Keough drove in the winner.

Dan Holden said...

Sorry about your Grandpa.